Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 260-a160na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

On the 09/07/2019 I received 2 driver updates via Windows update, & upon installation, my Wi-Fi connection kept dropping and reconnecting every few minutes.

The updates were Realtek Semiconductor corp. -Net 2024.0.4.108 &  Realtek Semiconductor corp. -Bluetooth 1.6.1015.3008.

As I was having so much trouble, I rolled back the Network adapter to its previous version and everything had been working fine since. However, today I received notification from HP Support assistant that SoftPaq updates were available SP96885 & SP 98235. Following installation, the problem to Wi-Fi returned, so I have yet again rolled back to a previous version.

Does anyone know if there is a known issue with this, and if so, how to fix it?

Thank you for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You rolled back to the previous drivers again.

If all is good now using the previous network drivers then ignore or hide the HPSA updates.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,

Thank you for the reply.

I just like to keep everything current with the latest update, but I will do as you suggest.

Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

Hi Ian32uk,

You're very welcome.

Sometimes the latest drivers have issues.

Stay with drivers that work.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.