Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My All-in-one is not detecting my 5g network.  Purchased a D-link AC600 MU-Mimo wi-fi adapter which should now detect the 5G network however it doesn't.  The realtek adapter has been disabled.  Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I agree that it should be connecting to the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

What hardware revision is it?

You may need to update the wifi driver from the support page.

https://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DWA-171

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, Let me  give that a try.  thanks

HP Recommended

driver version is 1030.27.425.2018

HP Recommended

I have the most current driver installed.  I restarted the machine and still no luck.  Do you need to disable other adapters or leave those enabled as well?

HP Recommended

It shouldn't matter if you had disabled onboard Realtek wifi adapter or not.

There is no reason to disable it though.

You can connect using the USB adapter and set it to always connect to that adapter.

I'm baffled as to why the 5.0 GHz wifi radio isn't working.

HP Recommended

Does your router broadcast two SSID's? One for 5GHz and one for 2.4GHz? Or is it one of these new fan-dangled routers that only broadcast  one SSID and determine internally if it should connect with 2.4 or 5?

HP Recommended

My router broadcasts both 2.4 and 5  G SSIDs.  I see both from my laptop but only 2.4 G from the HP all-in-one with the AC600  D-Link adapter.

HP Recommended

The only other thing I can think of is to try a different 5GHz channel on your router. Maybe for some reason the adapter is not looking on the channel it's currently on. You should be able to change the channel from a drop down menu once you log into the web interface on your router.

Otherwise, I'd say it's faulty. USB wifi adapters aren't complicated and should be virtually plug 'n play.

HP Recommended

Turns out the issue was the modem.  I had it replaced and now everything is working correctly.  Thanks for the tips!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.