Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Slimline, S3710t,
Microsoft Windows Vista

There is a green light, top back of the processor by the plug that will not go off when powered down.  I've disconnected from the power supply, reset the power supply and replugged.  It still won't go off.  I unplugged the power supply from the wall and unplugged the computer from the power supply; reset, replugged, powered up; it powers up fine, works well, but this light will not go out when it's shutdown, off or unplugged.  What's this light for?  Will it burn out?  Is it a sign something's wrong?  The computer works fine though.  I am confused by this.  Please can anyone tel me what is going on?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Its indication light for the power supply. It should be fine.

HP Recommended

Will it cause my computer's internal power supply to overheat overnigt?  Though the computer is off?  Thanks

HP Recommended

You worry for nothing about this diode
You say it does not turn off even if the power supply is disconnected?
But have you waited long enough while pressing the power button !?
If it does not turn off either it is possible that it is the battery of the motherboard, which keeps it on, I doubt it a little, but why not!
"Will it cause my computer's internal power supply to overheat overnigt?"
you have an external power supply according to the product sheet, so no internal power supply, just maybe a button battery, but it is intended for!

Otherwise, there is no risk, you are talking about a computer, if it is this model:

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c01661171
year 2009, if this had been the case, it might not work anymore!
So do not spend your time unplugging and reconnecting the power plug, just provide a surge protector.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.