RicktheReferee
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant updates following by loss of PIN and no access to desktop

HP Recommended
Example: HP240a
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I followed the prompts today from a pop -up notification on my HP desktop operating Windows 10 to do some recommended updates. With no warning that the system updates would result in blocking access to my  PC by removing my current PIN, the HP Support Assistant began changes to my system before I could select the option to use a flash drive for backup and prompted my to restart my Desktop. What happened next has left me without the ability to use my PC because the option for creating a new PIN didn’t work. Help!

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,313 26,188 1,445 1,517
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RicktheReferee

Welcome to the  HP support community.

I understand that you are unable to access the desktop.

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to reset the pin:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation