Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP U27 4K
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello folks,

I bought the HP U27 4K Wireless monitor. Unfortunately, I am not able to connect it. I tried two different computers, installed the driver, used the HP Quick Pair app, and moreover I returned a first monitor and received a second one, with the same issues.

When I try to connect the monitor screen stays on "Connecting" for a while (after having entered the security number), and then just comes back to the "Ready to connect" screen. On my computer, it says "Impossible Connection" and, when using the Quick Pair app, the app says "Monitor Connection Error". Before returning a second monitor to get a third one and probably experiencing the same issues, I would like to know if I went wrong somewhere.

Looking forward your help, so I might enjoy this product that seems really great.

Have a great day!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hugo_morin 

What are your computers ? Do they have wifi adapters to support 4K video ? 4K means a lot of pixels, you need your computers have fast transmission to be able to send pixels thru the air.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhien.

Thanks for the quick reply. That is a good question, I haven't thought about it! One is a basic laptop and the other one a powerful desktop, but the wifi adaptator was added (it was built to use direct Ethernet connection). Therefore, both might not meet this requirement. Is there a way to check this capacity? And what would be the "level/power/capacity" needed from my wifi adaptator?

Thanks again and have a great day!

Hugo

HP Recommended

Hello again.

Would something like this work : https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Wireless-Display-Dongle-Connector/dp/B08LNWZT3C

Or would you have other recommendation?

Thanks again and have a great day!

Hugo

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Or perhaps something directly connected to the Motherboard (instead of USB), such as this one :

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1048_1049&item_id=172864&language=en

Many thanks for your help.

Hugo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.