Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 MINI G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Couple of days ago i bought HP Z2 MINI G3 (1CC41EA) with Win 10 Pro. I'm dissatisfied with it, because i've got a few problems.

1. CPU fan is very noisy. CPU is in idle state (load and temperature are very low) but fan is working like a hairdryer. I'm not able to change it (decrease fun speed to achieve silence).

2. I'v installed wlan card Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. Windows tells me this card is working properly, but it can't see any wireless network. I was trying to reinstall drivers (latest drivers from Intel), delete and add this device again, but that is not working.

I do not use this computer, because of the noise, and the lack of the internet connection.

Guys, are You able to help me?

Marek

06-19-2017: I've handled with this myself.

Topic can be closed.

Marek

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, what was wrong. i have the same problem, and it seems it is the temp sensor, i have a friend with same machine, and change this over, then my was silent.

HP Recommended

Same here, any idea?

Thanks,

Alex

HP Recommended
Yes, i changed the tempsensor. It's a cable with contact and 2 sensors, easy to fix by your self. HP support Norway shipped me å new one.
HP Recommended

Marek,

I am having the same issues with the fan.  How did you solve the problem?

Chuck

HP Recommended

Hi, Chuck.

I used a resistor. This is not an elegant solution so maybe you should try to buy new thermal sensor as TorsteinIversen did.

Marek

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.