cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
mniaras
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Z2 MINI G3 is very noisy without load, and does not see any wireless network.

HP Recommended
HP Z2 MINI G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Couple of days ago i bought HP Z2 MINI G3 (1CC41EA) with Win 10 Pro. I'm dissatisfied with it, because i've got a few problems.

1. CPU fan is very noisy. CPU is in idle state (load and temperature are very low) but fan is working like a hairdryer. I'm not able to change it (decrease fun speed to achieve silence).

2. I'v installed wlan card Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. Windows tells me this card is working properly, but it can't see any wireless network. I was trying to reinstall drivers (latest drivers from Intel), delete and add this device again, but that is not working.

I do not use this computer, because of the noise, and the lack of the internet connection.

Guys, are You able to help me?

Marek

06-19-2017: I've handled with this myself.

Topic can be closed.

Marek

5 REPLIES 5
TorsteinIversen
3 2 0 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, what was wrong. i have the same problem, and it seems it is the temp sensor, i have a friend with same machine, and change this over, then my was silent.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MacAlex
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here, any idea?

Thanks,

Alex

TorsteinIversen
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes, i changed the tempsensor. It's a cable with contact and 2 sensors, easy to fix by your self. HP support Norway shipped me å new one.
Chuck00
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Marek,

I am having the same issues with the fan.  How did you solve the problem?

Chuck

mniaras
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Chuck.

I used a resistor. This is not an elegant solution so maybe you should try to buy new thermal sensor as TorsteinIversen did.

Marek

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation