Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 MINI G4 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just purchased a HP Z2 MINI G4 workstation that came without a wireless module. When I looked at the quick guuide PDF files, it suggest to use Intel 9560 2230 Wireless module. This is easy to get. The problem is that when I look inside my unit, there are no antennas to connect to this new module. There shouild be 2 connectors that do not exist. I can purchase these connectors seperately. So 2 questions:

(1) Where is the best place to get the 2 connectors from.

(2) On the dual band 9560 module, the connectors plug in, but where do the other ends of the connectors plug in to on the Z2 G4 Mini?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there,

When I ordered, I do not recall looking at the quantity. The delivery came very fast.

If I were you, I would email them first with the part numbers to check when they might get them back in stock.

Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue. And I know lots of people has the same issues also. I cannot really understand why wireless module is optional.

I am about to return my product because of this. I cannot find both 9560 wireless module and antennas.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Good news, after a lot of searching for the correct parts, etc. I managed to find them directly from HP Parts themselves.

Go to the following link and search for the parts: 

The wireless module  :  L27825-001  

The Antenna’s:                 L38166-001

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid=

Watch the following two videos on instructions on how to do this:

https://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/5819967000001/how-to-remove-and-replace-the-wireless-l...

https://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/5819966999001/how-to-replace-the-wireless-antennas-for...

The actual Wireless module is a standard module that is available from many places, but I decided to buy it directly from HP, since the price was the same. Plus, I know I am getting a genuine part and not a copy.

I successfully fitted the module and antennas and now the wireless and Bluetooth work flawlessly. In fact, the signal is very good. I now use Bluetooth accessories without any problems at all. I do not tend to use the WLAN part, since I am using an Ethernet connection all the time, but good to know that I have it.

By the way, the antenna’s fix on to the chassis with the removable plates that are all ready existing in your Mini Z2, G4. There are 2 little screws that do not come with the kit, since HP assume, we already have them because we are replacing the existing one. So just use 2 normal small screws with flat end to fasten the antenna on to the little plate then slide them on. A little tip, put the antenna wires onto the WLAN module first before installing the actual WLAN module into the computer, otherwise it can be tricky afterwards.

Good luck and let me know if you need any help.

🙂

HP Recommended

Dear Imtiyaz17,

Thank you very much. I am very apreciated for your valuable replies.

I am checking now and see that "it says quantity in stock is 0" 😞

But it allows to continue. I wonder it was the same situation when you purchase?

L27825-001 Part is on backorder, quantity in stock is 0  WLAN AC+BT5 INT M2 2230 NV MIPI+BRI

L38166-001 Part is on backorder, quantity in stock is 0  SPS-CA ASSY ANTENNA Z2 MINI G4

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

When I ordered, I do not recall looking at the quantity. The delivery came very fast.

If I were you, I would email them first with the part numbers to check when they might get them back in stock.

Regards

HP Recommended

Dear Imtiyaz17,

I have reached to chat support and thanks to Gustavo that He is confirmed "Sure, we can offer all these replacement parts."

But I forgot to ask that L27825-001 is Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560 802.11ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 ?

Is it possible for you to check is Intel AC 9560?

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hi, yes the part is indeed the most common like you mentioned with Blue Tooth 5 (9560). In fact, if you look at the description below when you order:

WLAN AC+BT5 INT M2 2230 NV MIPI+BRI

The 'BT5' means Blue Tooth 5.

There is actually a newer standard called 'AX201' which give a more newer field band to the 'AC'. But this card is so new that I did not risk installing in my system due to possible driver and incompatibility reasons. Also there are currently no modems/routers that support the new standard from intel.

HP Recommended

Thanks again and again. You helped so much to me and the others in the same situation. Also many thanks to HP Parts Store representatives.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Imtiyaz17!

Just a quick question; If I install the wireless module and antennas to my Z2 mini G4 by myself, would that void the warranty? (sorry I'm new to HP computers so not sure how the warranty works in terms of modifications made by users).

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi,

The Z2 is designed to be upgradeable and it is my understanding that the HP warranty will not be affected. However, the warranty will cover only the parts HP originally supplied. So, your new Bluetooth module, which is not part of the original spec, will not covered. You can see the original spec by type your serial number into the HP website. If you are worried about this, you could easily remove the Bluetooth in the future before asking HP to come on site to look at the computer. By the way the warranty for the Mini is an on-site warranty. 😊 Sot sure what they would do during Covid-19 though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.