Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z2 mini G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have 3 x HP Z2 Minis with same issue. When booting pc there is no ethernet connection. After rebooting pc 1-2 times ethernet connection is back.

Tried updating network (I219-LM) drivers, running diagnostics - no luck.:smileysad:

Any advise?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@NicolayAst

Please try the following driver

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78207.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Nope, still not working

HP Recommended

I have disabled fast boot in bios on one PC and it seems to be working fine for the last 3 days, will do same on other 2 other Z2 mini's, will update.

HP Recommended

@NicolayAST Did the the disabling of fast boot in the BIOS resolve your issue completely?  We have placed a large order of these and deployed remotely and are seeing the same issues; we have already tried updating the drivers and disabling power management features on the NIC's with no resolution.  Before I traveled to our remote locations I was hoping to determine if this indeed fixed your issue before we gave it a shot...thanks for any info you can provide!

HP Recommended

@cubanreuben88 In addition to disabling Bios Fast Boot, also I went to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > change settings that are currently unvailable > Untick "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" 

It seems that 2 computers have the problem resolved, working just fine, one computer for some reason once a week still gives no network connectivity which gets resolved by rebooting. So i think i will stop looking for a solution, since its more or less fine now. 

I hope you get it resolved.

HP Recommended

@NicolayAst thank you for your response!  I will definitely give this a shot.  I also plan on coordinating with our HP rep to see if they have heard of this issue internally.  Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Worked like a charm - thanx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.