Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP all in one AMD Ryzen 3
Microsoft Windows 11

Wifi is getting disconnected after few minutes for my all in one computer

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You do not list the model / serial number. I do see you listed windows 11.  Is this a new system that came with 11 or was approved for upgrade?  If an upgrade was WiFi working OK when on windows 10? 

If you have the correct driver then the problem is congestion / interreference etc.

If you have access to your modem or gateway you should log in and look for a tool that allows selecting a channel that has less congestion.  Some modems display signals and you can spot which channels have the fewest signals.  Android smartphones have a signal strength app.  Last time I tried iOS did NOT support any signal strength analyses

If available, enable 5.0ghz and 2.4ghz and set ssid and password to the same value for both bands.  The modem "help" that I have read all state that using same password works better.  Note sure if that is really true or if the writer had trouble remembering more than one password.

At your PC bring up device manager => Network Adapters => YourWifiAdapter => .Properties => Perfered band and select 5ghz.  Lot of people have cameras no-a-days and the generally run at 2.4 along with a lot of kitchen and other appliances. If you do not have 5ghz band on you PC then you need to pick the best channel. 

You might want to read up on interference http://www.hp.com/sbso/wireless/images/WiFiBlue.pdf

Do you have the latest "n" band and does the modem support it?  Your security type should be WPA2-personal

Under network adapters, what is the name/model # of the device

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.