Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to connect a pci-e wireless network card's bluetooth function to the Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF?

I have just purchased a 'Ubit 300Mbps Express PCI-e 2.4G 5G Dual-Band Card WiFi Adapter Network'. This comes with added bluetooth capabilities which need connecting with a 'header cable', is that even possible? 

the bluetooth socket on pcie cardthe bluetooth socket on pcie card

Image above shows the card and bluetooth socket

the only available spare 9pin connectionthe only available spare 9pin connectionImage above shows only spare 9 pin connection.

The orange connector links to the front usb (as stated on board) The spare black socket has "Media Ext" close to it???? (what would that be used for???)

Even if it is possible do anyone have any ideas what cable would even be required as I don't have one! they look like this but my card wasn't sold with one 😞 

71s6y0vNSTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I mean, I know I can just shove an ext. usb adapter into a spare usb slot however if it's possible to have the functionality on the "inside" that would be better for me.

Hopefully one of you knowledgeable lot will be able to advise me a little. Thanks for reading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes.

Connect the USB cable to the black 9-pin jack labeled Media on the motherboard.

If your PC had the optional USB media card reader, that is where it would have connected to.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes.

Connect the USB cable to the black 9-pin jack labeled Media on the motherboard.

If your PC had the optional USB media card reader, that is where it would have connected to.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I will try and source a cable to connect the hardware together

MrWazoo_1-1606577071747.png

This is the cable required but what is it?, Any ideas what kind of cable is it and where will I get one from as my pci-e didn't come with one!

Once again thanks for the advice.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The image of the wifi adapter you posted shows that it came with the cable.

Unfortunately, I don't know which one that model needs because the cables that have come with mine have the same 9-pin connector on both ends.

These are the models I have used in my HP desktop PC's.  You can see that the cable is the same on both ends, whereas on the model you posted, it isn't.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Paul_Tikkanen. I guess I will need to do some more research.

Regards,

MrWazoo.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Perhaps there is a way you can contact the manufacturer and ask them to send you the necessary cable, or at least give you a source of supply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.