Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0001ne
Microsoft Windows 11

Some time ago the wireless adapter stopped working properly. When I try to connect to wifi it has a tiny range and the Bluetooth doesn't even work a bit(It is recognized by the system that I have Bluetooth but it doesn't connect). I had this issue before I upgraded to windows 11 and still have it. I have tried to download the drivers for it but it doesn't change anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

These are the links to the latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers HP has for that model Wi-Fi adapter.

They are newer than what HP has on your PC's support page:

Wi-Fi:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136987.exe 

Bluetooth:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136892.exe 

HP Recommended

It didn't help and i still have low signal.

HP Recommended

Sorry, that didn't help. 

That model WiFi adapter has lots of problems, and I don't know why HP continues to use them in their PC'S. 

Rather than fight with the thing, do yourself a favor and buy a USB dual band WiFi/Bluetooth adapter. 

HP Recommended

What if I buy the same adapter and replace it or put a different adapter in there?

HP Recommended

The problem is that model Wi-Fi adapter only uses one antenna wire, and any other dual band Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter will need two antenna wires, which your PC won't have.

You can buy the same model Wi-Fi adapter, but there is no guarantee it will work any better.

You can also look at this person's post.  It is for the single band Realtek adapter but perhaps changing some of those settings will work for yours too.

My Realtek RTL8188EE adapter wifi Adapter - Slow - HP Support Community - 5573940

And this...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter always disconnect in windows - Microsoft Community

HP Recommended

I don't know how but this made it far worse than before now the range of it is super low.

HP Recommended

Change the settings back to where you had them if it made things worse.

HP Recommended

Ok.Thanks and one last question if I buy an adapter and put it in the PCIe slot the one PCIe x1 socket will it work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.