Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Heewlett-Packard MOD h8-1080
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The Driver for Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connector has a yellow ! in the device manager and when I try to update the driver I get a message that this driver cannot be updated.

I downloaded the driver  "PROWin64Legacy.exe" from the Intel site and when I tried to install it I got the following message "The installed version of Intel(R) network Connections is not supported for upgrades. You Must uninstall it before installing this version."   

After I uninstall and deleted the driver and restarted, the old driver automatically re installs and When I try to install the new driver I get the same message "The installed version of Intel(R) network Connections is not supported for upgrades. You Must uninstall it before installing this version."     When I check the status of the Network connector I get the error code “This Device cannot start”

What next??        topjon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@topjon,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@topjon,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the driver and then reinstall the driver (Do not restart the computer) from the below link and test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you run a test on the network card following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@topjon,

Use the following steps to open the System Tests menu when Windows won't start.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click System Tests.

1. Figure : Selecting the System Tests from the main menu

Selecting the System Tests from the main menu
  2. The System Tests menu displays.

1. Figure : System Tests menu

System Tests menu

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I downloaded the "RIGHT"  HP  PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI and ran both the fast and Extensive tests.  Both came up with the same problems.

IRQ TEST Failed

U0EC3G-00097H-QFFV4K-88BS13

ROM Test Failed   no code

The ROM test checks the network controller’s on-board ROM by verifying the IEEE MAC address.  This test will fail if there is an error in the ROM, which will be indicated by an incorrect MAC address.

In the Extensive test both of these were associated with the Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connector.  When I chedked the details there are several pages of information but the program would not let me comp them.  I assume they are in a data file some place on the computer.

Does this mean that I have a bad chip and can it be replaced?   Thanks  topjon   Jon Davidson

HP Recommended

The second IRQ Test had a little diffeent Failure ID of 

U0EC3G-00097J-QFFV4K-88AA13

the first Failure ID was

U0EC3G-00097H-QFFV4K-88BS13

I just noticed this.   topjon

HP Recommended

@topjon,

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. What solved this problem? Thank you.

HP Recommended

@M81AF,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! 

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • Have you followed the steps suggested in the thread?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I am having the same issue but with intel 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network connection . It has a yellow triangle with !. I can not rollback to uninstall the driver, bc it's greyed out. The device cannot start. Code 10. I am running Windows 10. I uninstalled this, but I am wondering if I will need this. I can connect to the internet via wireless and ethernet. 

My PC is 10 years old. I am looking to buy a bluetooth adapter also. Do I need to buy a new network card?

I ran the system test also as you requested to another person. I also received a failed IRQ test and ROM test. It states communication problem between the network port and the system port. The card may need to be replaced or the system board may need to be repaired. Are they connected this issue? Anyone solved this issue? I would like to know what private information was given to have solve my issue.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@livia79

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

This seems to be a Hardware issue since the System Test failed the communication test for the Network port and System Port

You might need to check with a local tech to get the Motherboard serviced since this Notebook is 10 years old

Regarding the Bluetooth Adapter, you can just use a Bluetooth USB dongle. That would be easier to use and also cheaper

Thank you and Merry Xmas 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.