Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-in-One 22-b226
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I got a brand new All-in-One and set it up yesterday. Internet Explorer is very slow. I've removed apps and programs I didn't need, restarted the computer a few times, reset IE, restarted my router and nothing seems to help. Prior to this I had a laptop about 8 years old and the internet was much faster. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @pams1002,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. I reviewed the post regarding slow internet connection issues with the PC. I will be delighted to assist you with this.

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Is it a wired or wireless connection?
  • Did you run a speed test on the computer?

For now, try these steps:

For a start please try these steps:

• First, check if the computer connects using a hardwired Ethernet cable on a wired connection

Then try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Network adapters>then select the network drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that says delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and wireless network drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions through the hardwired ethernet cable connection.
  • Please select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update the network drivers.

Now check if the issue gets fixed. If the problem continues then follow all the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: http://hp.care/2BBoAye to resolve slow internet connection issues.

This should do the trick for you.

Other steps to try:

Please download the latest version of other browsers like Chrome and Firefox and browse from these browsers.

This should fix the issue for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

your solution assumes I can plug my PC into an ethernet cable...as if I have one in my office.  This is why I am on WiFi.   My "Brand NEw" HP is crazy slow.  The Ipad says I am getting over 200MPS in my office, My HP says 9MPS.  There is obviously a problem and I can't find any solutions online.  HP support sucks!  

Most people responding on forums with ideas assume we are all computer wizzes.   If I was I would not have an issue.  There has got to be a setting to repair this or do I need to replace a Wifi card on a brand new device?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.