Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen,

Paul, Thank you again. I agree with everything you've said. I will upgrade to 8gb, but no higher. 

My sincerest thanks for all of your expertise.

Sincerely,

John Wagner

heatman5

HP Recommended

You're most welcome, John.

Please post back and let us know how your PC upgrades went.

Paul

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen,

Paul, Will do. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

John Wagner

heatman5

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen,

Hello All,

Sorry for the delay, life happened since my last post. OK, here's how it went. I installed a new 512gb SSD, 8 gb ram and a new Intel AX200 (802.11ax) wifi card. With the new ssd, I installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. The difference is huge. I've done all updates, installed all the latest drivers and updated the bios. This PC is now ready for my nephew, and I know he'll be happy with it. He's starting High School in two weeks so I installed MS Office. I even got him his own personalized domain name and assigned him a personalized email address. I know the younger set doesn't think much of email, but for school I thought it was important. Thank you for the support, it's good to know some are still interested in upgrading.

Next I'm upgrading an HP TouchSmart 600-1120. I'm quite happy with the build quality of this unit, it's built like a tank. I'm interested to see how it will respond to an SSD, extra ram and new wifi. The wifi is going to be tricky as this older all in one most likely has a whitelist for wifi cards. Thank you all again.

Sincerely,

heatman5

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.