Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My internet speed is supposedly good to 500Mbps, but I'm only able to get about 95Mbps on my ethernet port.  My network adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.  Driver version is 10.3.723.2015.  I checked for updates and it says I have the latest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The internet speed tested speed you see is not caused by the Realtek card...but the Router you are connected to...

see how big is the NAT speed of the router you have!

Also if provider guarantees that you will have 500Mbps speed....otherwise its Network dependent...I mean the more people use the connection in the same time...the lower the speed you will get...do try to test the speed in different time of day...to see if any changes! 

Also you can enter in the properties of your network card Properties and click on Configure...there on the advanced tab...make sure that Speed and Duplex is set to 1Gbps full duplex

Hope this helps!

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The internet speed tested speed you see is not caused by the Realtek card...but the Router you are connected to...

see how big is the NAT speed of the router you have!

Also if provider guarantees that you will have 500Mbps speed....otherwise its Network dependent...I mean the more people use the connection in the same time...the lower the speed you will get...do try to test the speed in different time of day...to see if any changes! 

Also you can enter in the properties of your network card Properties and click on Configure...there on the advanced tab...make sure that Speed and Duplex is set to 1Gbps full duplex

Hope this helps!

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

Thanks for your input.  I tried setting the Speed & Duplex to 1Gbps full duplex, but it cut the speed by an order of magnitude (down to less than 10Mbps), so I put it back to Auto Negotiation, which got me back to my original 95Mbps.  My Netgear AC1200 claims 10/100/1000 Mbps - Gigabit ethernet ports, but when I log into it, it only shows 100M/Full status for all four of the LAN ports.   I'll see if I can change that, but if not, I guess I'll need a new router?

HP Recommended

It seems you are experiencing a strange situation....I never had any problem with Realtek network chips is more than 20 years...using them.

Try to uninstall the driver from device manager...and let it reinstall by itself...I always use the latest drivers from Realtek website.Your driver version should be 10.32.

Your Netgear should be good enough...I would also try and reset the router to factory defaults..and re-configure it too...as long as it shows only 100M connection from pc to router....you have no chance going higher...you need to enable gigabit...

Check if AUTO-DISABLE GIGABIT is DISABLED..also DISABLE any Energy-Efficient option and Green Ethernet...

Gigabit Lite option must also be DISABLED!

Try and do a speed test connecting your all in one.to the router using WI-FI....and see if its better or worse...But it should be good on 5Ghz..

Mike
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.