Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
24-F0040 HP 24 AIO 8GB A9 1TB

24-F0040 HP 24 AIO 8GB A9 1TB

Want to know if my model# 24-F0040

HP 24 AIO 8GB A9 1TB is gig cabable? What would prevent me from getting high speeds on tje desktop i pay to get 1000 mbps but on this computer getting 236 mbps when cix came out and did test he got speeds over 800mbps when he hooked up to our internet so he said maybe the computer issue.. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The ethernet (wired) adapter is, but the wifi adapter is not.

Check to make sure it is connecting at the 1 GB/S (1000 MBPS) speed by going to the Windows control panel>Network and Internet>Network and sharing center, in the view your active networks section of the window, click on your ethernet connection and confirm that it is connecting at 1 GB/S.

If it is, then the ethernet adapter is working properly, and I would have no idea why you are not getting close to the 1000 MBPS  download speed you are paying for.

If it is not, the first thing to do is to install Cat 6 ethernet cables from the modem to the router (if applicable) and from the router to the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.