cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Skyscope
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Is there two antennas installed in this PV so I can install a dual back wifi card?

HP Recommended
HP 410-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n wifi adapater in this unit.   I want to make use of my 5G network and need a dual band wifi card.  Does this unit come with two antennas so this is possible without installing a second one myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,499 9,142 2,950 11,184
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Skyscope.

I misread your question.  It sounded to me like you wanted to know if you could add a second antenae to the existing card to make it dual band.

@Skyscopewrote:

Thats not the question.   I know I need a new dual band adapter.  The question is does the PC have two antennas installed in it?   Two  are required for a dual band adapter.

The answer to your question is, No!  The antenae normally come with the wifi adapter. 

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Skyscope, welcome to the forum.

You have to buy a new AC wifi wireless adapter.  There is no way to add dual band to the one that you have installed.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Skyscope
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thats not the question.   I know I need a new dual band adapter.  The question is does the PC have two antennas installed in it?   Two  are required for a dual band adapter.

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Skyscope.

I misread your question.  It sounded to me like you wanted to know if you could add a second antenae to the existing card to make it dual band.

@Skyscopewrote:

The answer to your question is, No!  The antenae normally come with the wifi adapter. 

Skyscope
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Skyscope!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation