Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
24-R114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I connect to WiFi on my computer it causes the WiFi to stop working for every device in my house including the computer but as soon as I disconnect everything begins working again almost instantly 

I’ve tried speaking with hp support and they told me it was most likely something to do with my isp but after spending almost an hour on the phone with them we concluded that it has to be an issue with the computer 

I’ve also tried numerous things I’ve found online to try and help but nothing has worked for more than a few minutes 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

as you many not know , wifi can be problematic, for sure in locations of heavy wifi traffic. (air ports?)

are you at home or in some place , risky like a hotel, or other dense populated (people and wifi devices) place?

in most cases if all devices in your home,  fail for wifi it is not a HP problem ever, nor all the other devices problems.

does your cell phone set to wifi worK" y/n (mine has  3g or wifi choices,  i can flip to wifi and test wifi with my s5)

if yes, wifi is ok

if not , not.

reset your router, or if you have a router /modem all in one device, in your home, reset it.

just push the reset button for 1second max,  not a long reset or all your credentials will be lost. even the SSID name lost.

how far are you from said router.

10ft or 100feet (100 is fail) test wifi closer to the router, (wifi) or AP, your access point.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.