Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Wireless Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP 2.4GHz wireless keyboard model # KG-0851 (FCC ID: E8HKG-0851, P/N: 505143-371) and an HP 2.4GHz wireless receiver model # RG-0983 (FCC ID: E8HRG-0983, Assy. # WUG1137), both of which turned up among donations to a non-profit computer refurbisher where I volunteer.  Can this keyboard be made to work with this receiver?  If so, what is the procedure for connecting them?

The receiver does not have a physical "connect" button (or any physical control of any kind) on it.    I have tried unplugging and replugging the receiver then, within 60 seconds, pushing the "connect" button on the keyboard, but this has no effect.  I know the reciever is operational, since I have a mouse that works with it.  I don't know if the keyboard actually works, since there is no battery status light or any other indicator on it (at least, not that I can find).  I have verified that the batteries in the keyboard are good.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tony2001 

It is workable but who would pay for the cost

(a) Sending BOTH to somewhere,

(b) To check BOTH codes,

(c) Re-program to allow other other device to have same code with the other

The code can very simple from 0000 to 9999 but we need to have a process.

For your second part. The receiver works with your mouse but won't work with your keyboard UNLESS mouse and keyboard are ONE set.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.