Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello can someone help me please I have a HPPavilion 23-b030ea but the keyboard stopped working I tried changing batteries switched the computer off and restarted but I cannot get the keyboard to work.

Do think I need to purchase a new keyboard but I'm not sure if any other make of HP keyboard and mouse will work 

Please can someone suggest which make or a serial number of a wireless keyboard and do I have to purchase a mouse as the one I have works perfectly please let me know thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Keyboard and mouse of a wireless set generally have a button on the bottom that allows reconnecting to the USB dongle that is connected to a USB port on the desktop PC.

Yours, if I recall correctly, has a USB wireless dongle that is hidden under a cover. You could also try reseating that.USB

Use a USB keyboard and mouse as a workaround while trying to get the wireless keyboard to work.

For even more detailed troubleshooting steps, see page 4 of the following pdf manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03975078

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Keyboard and mouse of a wireless set generally have a button on the bottom that allows reconnecting to the USB dongle that is connected to a USB port on the desktop PC.

Yours, if I recall correctly, has a USB wireless dongle that is hidden under a cover. You could also try reseating that.USB

Use a USB keyboard and mouse as a workaround while trying to get the wireless keyboard to work.

For even more detailed troubleshooting steps, see page 4 of the following pdf manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03975078

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thank you 

bought new keyboard and mouse

many thanks kind regards  

HP Recommended

@sasharashid wrote:

thank you 

bought new keyboard and mouse

many thanks kind regards  

You're welcome.

🙂

Good to hear that the issue is resolved.

If you need help in the future or just want to help others come on back or stick around!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.