Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-21-2021 01:25 PM
Hi@Mimi813, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Community!! After reading your post I see you want to connect the printer to the new router. I would like to help you out with this issue today.
Click here to find the WPS password of your new router.
- Make sure you know your network name and your security password is handy.
- On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.
- Settings may be accessed by touching a wrench icon.
- Select your wireless network's name from the list.
- If you don't see your wireless network listed, you can enter your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list. If you enter the name manually it must be exact, including upper and lower case characters.
- Enter your WEP key or WPA passphrase. You must enter the key or passphrase exactly, including upper and lower case characters. Your printer should connect to your wireless network. If it does not connect, you are given the opportunity to print a Wireless Network Test report that will help you find out what may be wrong.
Follow the steps mentioned under HP Wireless Setup Wizard in the document.
Let me know how it goes.
Keep me posted. Happy to help!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community