Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One PC 27-ca1000a IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I had WiFi internet for a couple of weeks. But now I've lost it.  When I search for G Mail I get "This site can't be reached."

In Settings>Network & Internet, I see Wifi is "Connected, secured"

I'm using  G Mail OK on another PC..

JGLTX

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @JGLTX 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Let me check your basic system configuration before we focus on the <wireless> problem ...

(1) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

--->>> Copy/screenshot/picture/paste following key/value pairs:

OS Name

Version

System Model

System SKU

( equals HP product number (p/n) )

Processor

BIOS Version/Date

(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>

- Expand <Other devices> ?

- Expand <Network adapters>

--->>> Send screenshot / picture

(3Please report your results

HP Recommended

I can open device manager in the other pc but am unable to send it to you. The other would not run.

jgltx

HP Recommended

Also, in device manager I can find Network adapters, but not Other devices.  Maybe a change in Win 11.

jgltx 

HP Recommended

@JGLTX wrote:

Also, in device manager I can find Network adapters, but not Other devices.  Maybe a change in Win 11.

jgltx 

Hello @JGLTX 

Thanks for reply.

"Other devices":

Those entries are for hardware for which Windows has not loaded a suitable driver.

Your "HP Pavilion All-In-One PC" is offline, please take pictures of the information I requested and send the pictures to the forum here using smartphone or another computer.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

device mgr (3).jpg

 JGLTX

HP Recommended

Hello @jgl7 and @JGLTX 

(1) Use another computer to download and save file sp142005.exe to <USB flash drive>

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

1.0.0.208 Rev.S

Download

(2) Insert <USB flash drive> to HP Pavilion All-In-One PC and run the file sp142005.exe to start installation and finish.

(3) Restart Windows on HP Pavilion All-In-One PC

(4) Test <wireless connection> on HP Pavilion All-In-One PC

(5) Please report your result

HP Recommended

Depressing.

I have tried 2 empty USB drives and am unable to paste sp142005.exe into either one..  The PASTE instruction is always greyed-out.   I have tried pasting it into Desktop, Downloads, Documents, OneDrive, and This PC- all unsuccessfully.

Any idea why it will not copy?

HP Recommended

Hello @jgl7 and @JGLTX 

Select the source file and press CTRL + c

Go to <USB flash drive> and press CTRL + v

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I f sp142005.exe is the source file, it did not work.

JGLTX

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.