Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 24XA0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my keyboard and mouse has an extreme delay. words and letters get out of order and it adds multiples of the same letter. when it is acting up the faster I   type the more it gets messed up.  I have tried re installing the drivers and scanned my computer  for viruses . this has done this since day one of owning this computer. only a few months old

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@johnpeck77 I recommend you try this keyboard & mouse on another computer or use an alternate keyboard & mouse with this computer to identify the issue, if an alternate kb & mouse doesn't work on this computer, I suggest you update the USB/Chipset drivers and the BIOS: click here to find and install the same.

Once done, try the below steps:

If two or more characters display when pressing a key, adjust the key repeat delay.

1. In Windows, search for an open Control Panel. and click Keyboard control panel.

2. In the Control Panel search field, type keyboard, and then select Keyboard from the search results.

3. On the Keyboard Properties window, select the Speed tab, and then drag the slider under Repeat delay to Long, and then click OK to save changes.

Keyboard Repeat delay setting

If the wired keyboard is still not working, test the keyboard for key or hardware failures. You can test the keyboard for key or hardware failures using HP Hardware Diagnostic tools that come with your computer. Go to HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures for more information.

NOTE: 

During the UEFI testing you test the keyboard by pressing each key on the keyboard. The corresponding key on the screen turns blue. If keys are pressed multiple times, the key colors cycle through blue, purple, and green to indicate the key presses. If any key that was pressed only once shows a different color than blue, this is most likely a hardware issue with the keyboard.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.