Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this computer refurbished a little over a year ago When I got it I hooked up my router through the ethernet cable. It worked perfectly. Lightning struck a tree out back of our home, which is right next to the cable box. Needless to say, it messed up my internet service. They came out fixed the box, ran new lines to my home, gave me a new modem and router. When they hooked up the new router my computer would not see it. Everything worked properly and even worked on my laptop. We hooked the old router back up to it and it worked. Well, I moved and had to get all new equipment. Now I am in the same boat with the router not being detected. I have tried updating the drivers and I even set my computer back to the way it was when I got it. Still not working. I'm running out of patience with this. It all works on my older computer but that thing is worn out and slow as all get out. Can anyone help me, Please? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LilDevils
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Use the steps in this steps to troubleshoot wired home network issues in Windows 10. Test the network connection after performing each step. 

Firstly,  run the diagnostic tool manually, use one of the following options:

• No error message is displayed, but there is no Internet or network connection:

Right-click the Network Connection icon  in the notification area, then click Troubleshoot problems. Windows Network Diagnostics checks for problems.

Image of notification area

• The Network Connection icon is missing in the notification area:

From the search box on the taskbar, type repair network, then select Identify and repair network problems from the search results.

Search results for repair network

If the problem is not fixed, continue to the next step. Click here Troubleshooting Wired Home Networks (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've done everything and still no such luck. I was told by my nephew that Windows 10 could be blocking it or something but he didn't offer me a solution. He lives very far away so we don't talk to each other much. I just don't understand how it could see the first router but not detect any other routers. I'm so frustrated. My last resort is to use a Wifi Adaptor. I hope it will work for me. I rather have it fixed but I am running out of options here. 

HP Recommended

@LilDevils
Let's try reinstalling windows operating system in order to isolate the issue. If its a software related issue system recovery will fix the issue. 

Click here to reinstall windows operating system. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Already did that. It did not fix the problem. Ugh.

HP Recommended

@LilDevils

This sounds like hardware related issue now, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your computer.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.