Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in One PC No. 24-g085na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I'm new to this forum and not very Tech savvy - here is my first question:-

I have a dual band router.

My PC is connected via an Ethernet cable direct to the router and I want to be able to select the 5G network (TNCAP735E3F-5G) but it is only seeing the 2.4GHz network (TNCAP735E3F) that it is connected to at present.

All my other wireless devices in our home are being used some distance away from the router and I have been told that they will work better on the 2.4 if my PC is connected to the 5G.

Can you confirm if my PC is capable to connect this way? It is only 4 months old (HP All-in-One 24" touch screen)

If possible - any step by step instructions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paul-Cat-3

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The networks you mention, 5GHz and 2.4GHz, are ONLY for WiFi -- when you connect directly using an ethernet cable, you are not using either of these.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Paul-Cat-3

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The networks you mention, 5GHz and 2.4GHz, are ONLY for WiFi -- when you connect directly using an ethernet cable, you are not using either of these.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs page for your PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-24-g000-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series-(Touch)/11059040/model/1...

Under the networking section specs, you will see the wireless spec.

When you click on that line, you will see this...Transmission standards: 802.11 b/g/n

Anytime you see a wireless N network adapter specification with a suffix that ends in b/g/n, that means it is a single band (2.4 GHz) only wireless network adapter.

Dual band wireless N network adapters have suffixes that end in a/b/g/n or a/g/n.

So there is nothing you can do other than to purchase an external usb dual band wireless network adapter if you want to connect to the 5.0 GHz wireless band on your router.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply -

I understand the set up a bit more now

I could see my PC is connected to TNCAP735E3F and I incorrectly assumed this was WiFi

but it is the Network! (by ethernet cable)

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply

that helped and good to see the specs.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.