Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned on my computer today and tried to connect my headset to the computer, but bluetooth was nowhere to be found. I use bluetooth every day and so it's strange for it to completely dissapear like this.

The on/off switch in windows' bluetooth settings is gone

TribalTree_0-1624290420089.png

The bluetooth category in Device Manager is gone (even when I enable "show hidden devices")

TribalTree_1-1624290487273.png

I have tried restarting my computer, with no avail. I've tried every tutorial I can find online, and none work.

It can't possibly be damage to the hardware because I used bluetooth right before turning off my computer for the night. Someone help...

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the info at the link below is of help to you...

How to Fix Bluetooth Missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 (guidingtech.com)

Below are the links to the latest WiFi and Bluetooth drivers for the RTL8822BE wifi card...

WiFi:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113001-113500/sp113268.exe

Bluetooth:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113001-113500/sp113256.exe

If you post the hardware ID for the unknown device in your screenshot, I will see if I can find the driver you need for it.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

Still no bluetooth. The bluetooth category in device manager is still gone...

HP Recommended

If you want the driver in your screenshot, What's the unknown device ID?

As far as the Bluetooth is concerned...The RTL8822CE is probably the worst model wifi card in the world.

Nothing but issues.

The only other suggestion I can offer other than to reinstall W10, would be to replace that model wifi card with a different model wifi card.

I would see if you can get this one...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

HP doesn't have a store in Norway, but the part is available from their store in Sweden.

HP Reservdelar – reservdelar till HP-datorer – reservdelar till HP-skrivare – reservdelar till Compa...

Otherwise, you can purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter that won't give you any trouble.

HP Recommended

I can't go to sweden rn due to covid. Is there really no fix? 

And the driver you were talking about has disappeared, idk where it is.

HP Recommended

TribalTree_0-1624302756649.png

TribalTree_1-1624302784821.png

TribalTree_2-1624302801200.png

Is this of any significance? This shows up when I turn on my Desktop

HP Recommended

What I meant was, can you order the wifi card online from the HP Swedish website, not to travel to Sweden.

The error seems to be related to the a Bluetooth dll file that is missing.

I suggest that you reinstall W10 and see if that gets the Bluetooth to work again.

Then install those two drivers I posted if you see the Realtek Bluetooth device show up again.

HP Recommended

I reinstalled windows, it still doesn't work...

HP Recommended

Then the Bluetooth portion on the wifi card must have gone out on you.

I would just buy a USB Bluetooth adapter if you can't replace the internal wifi card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.