Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
24-xa0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have high speed cable, cable modem and ASUS EXTREME ROUTER.  Phone clocks 120 Mbps and 12 year old pc clocks 80 Mbs.

This out of the box 2 days All in One 24-xa0024 pc clocks between 4 and 8 Mbs download and .5 to 2 Mbs upload speeds.  Over two hours to dl McAfee antivirus!  Trouble shooting steps in Assistant have not helped.  Do I need to return it?  is there a fix? uses Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac network adapter.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dan_In_Tampa
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
Some lockup issues have been identified and resolved through network driver updates. Updating your network driver might increase Internet speed.

1. Go to HP Customer Support.

If prompted, select your country/region, and then follow the on-screen prompts to identify your product.

2. Select Software, Drivers and Firmware.

3. On the Drivers and Downloads page, select your operating system from the Select your operating system drop-down, and then click Next.

4. Select the plus sign+ next to Driver - Network to expand the list of available network drivers.

5. Select the network or modem driver update from the list. For example, Realtek RTL8139 LAN Driver Update.

6. Click the Download button.

7. When the download bar displays at the bottom of your screen, click Save.

8. When the download completes, click Run.

9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.

10. Restart your computer, and then connect to the Internet.

And, also reset your wifi router and check.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.