Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-01-2018 12:55 AM
My computer recently updated to Windows 10 and like many others, I no longer have the wifi or Bluetooth option, just ethernet.
I have worked with multiple Microsoft support specialists and finally concluded that the issue is that there isn't a HP wireless driver compatible with Windows 10 for my computer (HP Pavillion 20 All-in-one, model 20-b014), at least on the HP site.
Can anyone direct me to a HP wireless driver compatible with Windows 10 for my computer? I've tried the following actions below but to no avail.
- Attempted to reset my Network
- Microsoft support specialist attempted to download a wireless driver but did not work (then restarted computer)
- Then downloaded and installed updated Windows 10 that is supposed to fix issues from first Windows 10 (then restarted computer)
- Attempted to download Windows 8 compatible wireless driver for my computer but was not supported (of course)
Thank you in advance!
11-01-2018 07:43 AM
Below is the link to the product specs page for your PC.
It does not come with built in bluetooth networking, so that is why there is no working bluetooth.
The model wifi adapter your PC has does have a W10 driver but it is very old and probably only worked with the first release of W10.
That would be this driver...
18.104.22.168 Rev.A Jun 18, 2015
Microsoft Windows 10 32
Microsoft Windows 10 64
802.11n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Adapter
Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter
Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
- Provides the WHQL driver initial release to support Windows 10.
If that driver doesn't work, then I recommend you purchase an external dual band USB wifi adapter that has support for W10.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community