debjc67
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Network Adapter Problem

HP Recommended
Hewlett-Packard s5713w
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am receiving error message: Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter you will need to re-install the driver.  This problem started after my wifi modem stopped working and I got a new one.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,816 124,172 20,651 31,743
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your PC indicates that it comes with wired networking capability only.

HP Pavilion Slimline s5713w Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

I don't know why changing out the modem would affect the PC, but the only suggestion I can offer would be to install the nVidia chipset driver, which includes the Realtek ethernet driver and see if that works for you.

NVIDIA DRIVERS nForce Driver Version 15.49 WHQL

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation