Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
790-0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So the network card that came with my pc is the
Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
And it keeps dropping and constantly disconnecting every 6 to 10 minutes even. usually when playing games like PAYDAY, Pandemic Express etc. or it just slows down
the driver version is 2024.0.10.222 and date is 3/16/2021

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are a lot to choose from.

I selected this one because of the good reviews, and the fact that it has twice the throughput of the RTL8821CE.

Amazon.com: 1300Mbps USB WiFi Adapter WiFi Dongle Wireless Network Adapter for Desktop Laptop, USB 3...

It should have a max throughput of 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band vs the 433 MBPS you get with the RTL8821CE.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You have one of the newer drivers, much more recent than listed on HP web site.

Was the WiFI working OK before an update?  If so, you might read this and try to revert to an older driver.

Try the following:  Force 5ghz band and have your modem find a better channel

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Its been screwed up before and after update its already using 5g i even tried 2.4g and it still does same thing
And another PC in my house doesnt have an issue

HP Recommended

Hi, @CloakerPD2 

This is the latest driver HP has for that model wifi adapter:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp140001-140500/sp140207.exe 

HP Recommended

still has issues, probably worse honestly

HP Recommended

Sorry that driver didn't help.

I have that version installed on two of my HP notebook PC's that have the same model Wi-Fi card, and they have no problems at all.

A lot of folks have issues with that model Wi-Fi card, and you may be better off just buying a dual band USB Wi-Fi adapter and use the RTL8821CE for Bluetooth only.

If you wanted to replace the internal card you would need to buy a Wi-Fi card kit that comes with external antennas because that model card only uses a single antenna wire, and the better dual band Wi-Fi cards need two.

HP Recommended

could you link me to a dual band USB Wi-Fi adapter

HP Recommended

There are a lot to choose from.

I selected this one because of the good reviews, and the fact that it has twice the throughput of the RTL8821CE.

Amazon.com: 1300Mbps USB WiFi Adapter WiFi Dongle Wireless Network Adapter for Desktop Laptop, USB 3...

It should have a max throughput of 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band vs the 433 MBPS you get with the RTL8821CE.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.