Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Network PCI Card

HP Recommended
Compaq CQ1020UK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Quick question.

Anyone know which is the correct card I should buy to replace the failed onboard interface controller?

The cards I've been looking at don't seem to have a visually compatible interface compared with the socket onboard.

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,251 119,428 19,506 29,811
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at the picture of the motherboard your PC has below, there are no expansion slots to add an ethernet adapter.

The easiest thing to do in my opinion, would be to purchase an external usb to RJ-45 10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet adapter, vice replacing the motherboard.

Photograph of motherboard

0 Kudos
HerbSomersal
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're right! I was describing the wrong machine.

Cheers

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Looking at the picture of the motherboard your PC has below, there are no expansion slots to add an ethernet adapter.

The easiest thing to do in my opinion, would be to purchase an external usb to RJ-45 10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet adapter, vice replacing the motherboard.

Photograph of motherboard

You're right. I was describing the wrong macine!

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,251 119,428 19,506 29,811
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation