Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-247VC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While surfing the internet on the desktop, I suddenly was not able to connect to the internet either via ethernet I(preferred method) or via wi fi. A laptop in the house can connect via wi fi and via ethernet. Had Comcast come out and they said my PC has no network adapter and cannot connect via ethernet or wi fi.  Under Network Properties, everything shows as disconnected. Under Network Connections, it is empty.  It shows nothing for wi fi. The ethernet port lights up and is working.  I tried to install all network drivers, but when I try to install the updated Realtek Family Controller, and it goes through the repair wizard, and a window pops up saying, Realtek ethernet driver not found, if deepsleep mode is on, disable it, though I subsequently got a message that all drivers were installed. A tech support person told me to try updating the BIOS, Current BIOS is from 2016, HP's website shows an updated one from May 2018. I downloaded the BIOS files onto a flash drive, and tried to update the BIOS on the desktop, but it won't read from the flash drive. At this point, I don't know what to do to resolve the issue of not being able to connect to the internet.  Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to:

Update the chipset driver from the link below and restart the PC.  Unzip and run the setup application,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28182/Chipset-INF-Utility?product=1145

Then install the latest ethernet driver directly from Realtek.  Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W10 driver at the link below.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...

You can update the wifi driver from the link below...2nd one down on the left side of the page is for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28358/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. I did everything you suggested, but when I again attempt to reinstall the updated Realtek Family Controller,  the repair wizard option pops up with a window indicating  Realtek ethernet driver not found, if deepsleep mode is on, disable it, Everything I indicated in my original post still applies with no abiltiy to connect to the internet.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work for you.

There seems to either be a very terrible software issue that has knocked out the networking, or possibly a hardware issue.

Though I find it very hard to believe that both the ethernet adapter and wifi adapter would fail at the same time.

You may want to consider backing up any files you don't want to lose to a portable hard drive, and do a factory reset of the PC, and see if that works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.