Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm writing to complain about a recent issue occurred with a brand new EliteDesk 800 G3 and to ask you if someone has encountered the same problem.

We bought one about 3 weeks ago: great machine, no problems, very satisfied about it.

Last week we bought another one for a different office and the nightmare began: after few minutes after first startup a wonderful blue screen of death appeared... well,  we didn't worried about that thinking that maybe it should be updated with latest OS updates (Win 10 Pro). But, after all possible updates,  it kept giving BSOD without any reason and at any random time. After a lot of crashes we used utility WhoCrashed to discover the source of the problem finding that BOSD were caused by e1d65x64.sys relating to Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (5) I219-LM.

So we tried to install the newest driver through Windows Update using the automatic procedure but still the problem occurred causing us to slow down our work and to lose everything we were working on multiple times.

At the end, remembering that we had another identical machine without any problems we searched for the same network card driver thinking that for some reason the newer driver was faulty but… even with the old driver we still cannot use the computer as it continues to give us BSOD.

Today, using NirSoft utility for blue screen, we found that also fwpkclnt.sys is seen as a cause of crash as shown here:

==================================================
Dump File : 053018-4703-01.dmp
Crash Time : 30/05/2018 10:45:39
Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
Parameter 1 : ffffffff`c0000005
Parameter 2 : fffff808`3eca62db
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : ffffffff`ffffffff
Caused By Driver : fwpkclnt.sys
Caused By Address : fwpkclnt.sys+162db
File Description : FWP/IPsec Kernel-Mode API
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+197680
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\053018-4703-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 17134
Dump File Size : 1.549.540
Dump File Time : 30/05/2018 10:46:07
==================================================

We understand that when custom softwares and settings are setup something could one day go wrong but not with a new computer! What we can do? The amount of wasted time and lost work start to be unaceptable…

Thank you

Kind regards

Kari313

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same problem with a new HP 800 G3 TWR with the last Windows 10 1803 release, all windows updates installed and the last Intel Ethernet I219-lm drivers (downloaded from Intel www). I also tried with the default drivers and with drivers downloaded from hp site.
When the network card works heavily (downloads, copy from pc to NAS) windows 10 crashes brutally with blue screen and we found that also fwpkclnt.sys is seen as a cause of crash. I tried to use computer with a usb wireless network card and so it seems that it works well. What can I do to solve the problem with the network card installed on the mother board ?

Thanks in advance

Erman80

HP Recommended

Hello Karl313 and all,

I would like to thank you for your sharing this important information regarding problems your office was involved in due to HP computers.

I am presently experiencing the same, exactly the same problems with 10 EliteDesk 800 G3 running Microsoft Windows 10 x64. The endless crashes with blue screen (BSOD) prevent someone to work with the computers.

Has the problem been resolved ? If yes, can you share how you're addressed it.

Best regards.

Cenema,

PS: these computers are now in Nema, a town located at 1,200 Km from Nouakchott, capital of Mauritanie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.