Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-21-2020 11:53 AM
@TaviM Have you run a wireless card test on your device to identify if this is either a hardware or a software malfunction?
If not, let's start with that:
- Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics.
- Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer.
- FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
- (By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, this could be a hardware malfunction, please revert to me with the failure ID,
However, if the tests pass, restart your computer, then visit the HP website and use the product number of your device to download and install the wireless adapter from the list under the Windows OS you select.
- If the issue persists, you may want to create a backup of all your important data into an external storage device and perform a system reset:
- Refer to this HP Article for assistance.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community