Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-07-2019 11:12 AM - edited 07-07-2019 03:21 PM
Much gratitude for any attempt to help me out.
- My wifi on my desktop pavillion machine all of the sudden started having internet problems.The adapter is still showing in the device manager. I am not sure if wired causes same issues.
- If this needs replacement, I am uncertain what I should be getting and where existing one is on motherboard.
- Internet is cutting in and out.
- Initially I was able to peform a speed test and I saw internets speeds around 30mbs when a mac computer on the same network and phsically next to it is running at 160mbps.
- Currently, I am unable to run speed tests. Speed tests cause disconnection. (They are not the only thing that cause disconnction)
I have gone to device manager, and the adapter is showing up.
07-09-2019 04:36 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I recommend you uninstall the wireless driver from device manager and then download and install it from the below link.
Here is how it is done.
- Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
- Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
- On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
- When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.
NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
If you continue facing the issue, then run a test on the wireless card following the below steps.
- Turn on the computer.
- Immediately press the f2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI menu opens.
When the UEFI menu opens, select the diagnostic test you want to run, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community