Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

PC does not support Miracast

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-100na Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My PC does not support Miracast.  Is there anything I can do to get it support Miracast so that I can play films from my PC and watch them on my TV?

Spec for expansion card slot is:

- PCIe (x1) x 1
- PCIe (x16) x 1

2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,950 42,190 4,642 12,403
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a Miracast dongle sold on Amazon. See the following web document.  There are other miracast dongles on the bottom section of the web document.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Miracast-Wireless-Display-Dongle/dp/B00IBD0Q16

This is the simplet way to add Miracast capability to your desktop PC. Normally only notebooks that have certain Intel  wifi adapters have that capability.

I am not an HP Employee.
themacksteruk
Author
Level 1
5 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update:

I purchased the Microsoft Wireless Adaptor, but it only works for Miracast-enabled devices, so it does not connect my PC to my Samsung TV

My original post wasto find out if there was a solution to enable Miracast on my HP PC, which does not currently support Miracast.

Looks as though I will have to get rid of the HP PC and buy a better brand

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation