Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (233 Views)
Accepted Solution

PC does not support Miracast

Product Name: HP Pavilion 550-100na Desktop
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My PC does not support Miracast.  Is there anything I can do to get it support Miracast so that I can play films from my PC and watch them on my TV?

Spec for expansion card slot is:

- PCIe (x1) x 1
- PCIe (x16) x 1

Accepted Solution

Re: PC does not support Miracast

There is a Miracast dongle sold on Amazon. See the following web document.  There are other miracast dongles on the bottom section of the web document.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Miracast-Wireless-Display-Dongle/dp/B00IBD0Q16

This is the simplet way to add Miracast capability to your desktop PC. Normally only notebooks that have certain Intel  wifi adapters have that capability.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (210 Views)

There is a Miracast dongle sold on Amazon. See the following web document.  There are other miracast dongles on the bottom section of the web document.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Miracast-Wireless-Display-Dongle/dp/B00IBD0Q16

This is the simplet way to add Miracast capability to your desktop PC. Normally only notebooks that have certain Intel  wifi adapters have that capability.

If I was able to help you resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (123 Views)

Update:

I purchased the Microsoft Wireless Adaptor, but it only works for Miracast-enabled devices, so it does not connect my PC to my Samsung TV

My original post wasto find out if there was a solution to enable Miracast on my HP PC, which does not currently support Miracast.

Looks as though I will have to get rid of the HP PC and buy a better brand

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation