Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently started having an issue when I am uploading large files.  The upload stops or blocks all other WiFi traffic up or down.

Other recent factors that "might" be related are:

- I recently recovered from a bad BIOS.  I was able to reload the previous version, but the issue did not show up until a few weeks after the recovery.

- After it started, I suspected my router was the issue and twisted my internet provider's arm to send me a new router, but the problem persisted.

- My PC and Tablo TV recording device are both connected via ethernet cables.  Everything else in the house is WiFi. 

- OneDrive was causing the issue when uploading, but I throttled it back to 1.25 Meg and that resolved the issue when it is uploading. 

- Still, whenever a Steam game is saved or I upload a file, we lose video streaming (which is the biggest issue).  But this has not been an issue in the past.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

One additional "possible" factor might be that I recently turn my PC's WiFi connection thinking that would take some load off the WiFi stream.  Could that have adversely affected the WiFi throughput of other devices?

HP Recommended

Hi @Windy-Bill 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing video streaming issues.

Please follow these steps:

1)Temporarily turn off the firewall and antivirus

2)Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Click the Start button, type control panel, and select the app from the results
Go to the View by option on the top right corner and select Large icons.
Next, click Troubleshooting.
Click View all option on the left panel.
Click Hardware and Devices and select Run as administrator.
Finally, click Next to run the troubleshooter.
The troubleshooter will begin detecting any issues that may be causing video streaming not to work as it should.

Let me know if this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Treeko,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the delayed response.  For some reason, I did not get an email after you replied. 

In your guidance:

Please follow these steps:

1)Temporarily turn off the firewall and antivirus

2)Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Click the Start button, type control panel, and select the app from the results
Go to the View by option on the top right corner and select Large icons.
Next, click Troubleshooting.
Click View all option on the left panel.
Click Hardware and Devices and select Run as administrator.

After the last item above, there was no, "Hardware and Devices" option to select.

I also question if I stated my issue clearly.  I am not having an issue receiving streaming on my PC.   However, the ROKU stream will stop while I am uploading files from my PC to sites on the internet.

For example, if I am uploading large files to Google Drive or iCloud, nothing is getting downloaded to ROKU.

HP Recommended

Hi @Windy-Bill 

Request you to reach out to ROKU support.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Treeko,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I don't think it is a ROKU issue, no internet traffic is getting through to any device (iPhones, tablets, smart devices, etc.) while my PC uploads even a relatively small file of 8.6 MG.  Downloading is not an issue without regard to the file size.

I will contact my internet provider to see if some setting in my router could be causing the issue.

Thank you again for your effort.

Windy Bill

HP Recommended

Hi @Windy-Bill 

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

I hope this helps.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.