Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv8-1210ef
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv8-1210ef but in Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't have a wireless connection.

Please Help.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JLMarques,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Pavilion dv8-1210ef Entertainment Notebook PC wherein there is no wireless connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

This issue could occur if the network drivers are not updated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers from device manager:

1. Click Start, and enter Device Manager into the Search field. Click Device Manager.

2. Double-click the Network adapters category.

3. Right-click the name of the Network Adapter and select Uninstall.

4. On the "Confirm Device Uninstall" window, click OK.

5. When the network adapter software has been uninstalled, restart the computer. The computer will reinstall the device driver software.

6. After the computer restarts and completes the installation of the device driver software, try connecting to the Internet.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you run the HP Support Assistant by following the link: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

You may also check the link: Wi-Fi Not Working on HP Computer

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JLMarques,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Pavilion dv8-1210ef Entertainment Notebook PC wherein there is no wireless connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

This issue could occur if the network drivers are not updated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers from device manager:

1. Click Start, and enter Device Manager into the Search field. Click Device Manager.

2. Double-click the Network adapters category.

3. Right-click the name of the Network Adapter and select Uninstall.

4. On the "Confirm Device Uninstall" window, click OK.

5. When the network adapter software has been uninstalled, restart the computer. The computer will reinstall the device driver software.

6. After the computer restarts and completes the installation of the device driver software, try connecting to the Internet.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you run the HP Support Assistant by following the link: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

You may also check the link: Wi-Fi Not Working on HP Computer

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.