Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just bought a brand new HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01 and I am having terrible issues with the wi-fi adapter, a Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo. We have a very fast 250 Mbps optical fibre internet service at home; all my other devices can connect to wi-fi at speeds of around 250 Mbps (measured with speedtest.net ). These include my two laptops, my phone, and the device of the other people living in my household. Unfortunately my new HP desktop connection is really poor; connecting to the 5 GHz wifi signal gives me around 30 Mbps and a very poor signal; with the 2.4 Ghz signal, I get even worse connection of around 5 Mbps. My laptop can connect to this signal at the exact same location the desktop is, so this is definitely not an issue with my ISP nor with the signal from my modem. The driver is the latest available in the HP website.

Has anyone any suggestion on how to tackle this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

ok laptops and desktops are not the same beasts ( the cards may but not all other factors)

the desktops have metal blockomg the RF radio signals to the router and back.

that is why distance matters. and for sure this PC,  it is not a 100% plastic PC like laptops are, and that matters.

so some PCs have wifi antenna, in the wrong spot.

what is your distance?  5ft ,50ft , 100feet to router distances for sure matter big time in all radio type work for sure this.

seems to me no jamming here, did you try using 2.4G channels (5G hates walls) try using not channel1?

or learn to run INSIDDER.exe?(v1 v2 or v3 not 4)

see how busy 2.4G on ALL CHANNELS IN THE HOOD then use NOT THOSE?  that is how I do this. every time.

PC TG01-0000i

the hp manual does not show this at all ,why.

wi-fi adapter, a Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo

they show, L44431-001 wlan card and has this antenna on the back side of the PC,

this location block RF from the front, so if router is front side of PC end, that is low signal node.

1: TURN pc 180DEGREES AND TEST.

2; UN HOOK ANTENNA and attached  string to it and pull it uphigh. or buy pro grade wlan shelf antenna. (just  like TV we have vast antenna choices for  70  years , PC less years but  RADIO are same thing, RF)

3: did antenna fall off card (connections?

photo from your manual with my comments. (I am FCC certified) and electronics tech .

antenna.JPG

the coax can not be too long, this above is near max, or get huge signal loss. (lacking ridged coax)

The key word is HIGH. make it high and nothing blocking path to router, for sure brick or  concrete walls, it will fail.

5G is far more worse but does add to the performance a bit.  5GHz hates all walls worse, (easy to  learn that prove that fact use insidder and see the huge DB loss, on both bands moving behind any wall.

A tech will try to make it better, others change parts over and over and no gain.

If your PC runs ok  10feet from router say that first. I bet yes. then test range,

then fix the silly antenna there.

one other trick done by me an 100,000 is to use beer can reflector to aim antenna to router.

pretend making RADAR antenna, I use to run those in Viet Nam.  (1million watt peak too)

btw your post is was very good and allowed me to find cures more easy,.  (as in only this PC fails is a key fact)

As a long time RF guy , antennas are what matter, most.  (I  have HAM extra license too and antenna farm)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.