Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HO Deskjet 3720
iOS

I bought an HP Deskjet wireless printer nearly 3 years ago. I set it up no issues, then not long after changed internet providers. I never reset up the printer as it wasn’t needed.

Now im working from home I need the printer again. Problem is I cant get the printer to connect to the wifi. Ive tried holding the wifi button until it flashes and wps button on the router, that doesn’t work. I tried to connect using the IP address which doesn’t work, and ive tried connecting via wifi settings on my phone, which requests a password which i dont know what that is, or where to find it.

The printer also wont seem to do any test prints, or print information sheets off, its as though the buttons aren’t responding!

Can anyone help, before I loose the will to live completely?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Get in touch with your provider. They can tell how you can get into your modem and then set the password that you can remember. Your modem should have in it a password for 2G and 5G. After that you should be able to get your printer to work. I have a wireless HP Printer and have changed passwords several times to avoid someone intercepting things.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.