Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-03-2017 12:18 AM
HP Officejet Pro 8100 using windows 7 (64 bit)--when my wired network is interrupted or has to be reset the HP printer loses network connection and its ip address cannot be seen on the network. Need a solution to easily reconnect the printer. Presently, I am having to uninstall all software and then reinstall; if I try to delete the printer and then adding the printer again the printer cannot be seen on the network.
07-04-2017 07:07 AM
Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post.
I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer not being detected using the IP address of your printer after the router is restarted is that right?
Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.
Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you.
Are you able to make a copy on the printer?
Recommend you follow the procedure mentioned below to assign a Static IP Address to the printer so that the IP address of the printer does not change when the router is restarted.
- Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
- Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
- Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 220.127.116.11 and under manual alternate type 18.104.22.168 (This is Google DNS server address)
Let me know if this helped.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community