Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 18-1100 All-in-One Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP 18-1101ix All-in-One Desktop PC,  My currrent .net is 4.5.  when i am installing windows 10 wifi is showing, but with windows 8.1 wifi network adaptor is not showing in device manager, even after installing all drivers from HP support page 3 device driver is missing under other devices tab ( Base system Device  )

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please identify the wifi adapter by its part number or complete model name.

The wifi adapter device should be in the network adapters section of the Device Manager.

If I may ask, just why would you prefer Windows 8.1 over Windows 10?  Are you installing a dual boot setup?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I recently replaced HDD. So i thought about giving try with Win 10, but its device drivers are not available in HP support page because of that system performance went too low, So I went back to Win8.1

HP Recommended

OK.

How about providing the information that I requested in my previous post.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @TommyRio

This is the latest W8.1 wifi driver for all models of the Ralink wifi adapter...

This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek (Ralink) Wireless LAN (WLAN) Controller in the supported models that are running the supported operating systems.

5.0.50.0 Rev.B     Nov 4, 2014

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69543.exe

DEVICES SUPPORTED:
Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter
Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.