Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy All-in-One 32-a050 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In short the latest driver update drops wifi connections and driver rollback fixes it.  Below are details.

My friendly HP Support Assistant got me to install "RealTek RTL 8xxx Series Wireless LAN drivers for Microsoft 20 (DCHV)" . After this wifi would connect for few seconds and run but then no network connectivity.  No obvious signs of problem.  ipconfig showed connected. But cannot ping anything.  Also, if using "show available networks" there is nothing in the list.  I knew my router was fine since other devices on network were OK.  So I ran the Windows troubleshooter:  this fixed the problem saying it was "Gateway not available".  Network would run for 10-20 seconds (a long time for a computer) and then fail again.  Running the trouble  shooter  again fixes the problem. It goes down again, and so on.

When I ran the HP support assistant to  install the device driver I noticed it created are restore point.  So  I decided to use the Microsoft rollback utility to restore the previous checkpoint.  That failed too!  (Makes me wonder about these HP software guys).

So I went to device manager and located the Realktek RTL 8922 CE driver.  I rolled it back from version 2024.0.10.212 to version 2024.0.4.209.  Now things seem to be running again.

I am posting this here, since this seems to be new software on a new model of computer, and thought  this might be of help to others.

brgds..... David Casper

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Are you sure this is about the driver? I have the same problem and when i shut the system down with NO HDMI IN CONNECTED DEVICE and then boot the machine, there is no problem. But when HDMI IN is connected while shutting down, i got those Wifi issues. This is a firmware issue hp needs to address.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.