Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, first of all, I'm kind of new here, thought I'd get that out of the way. 

Back in September when my house was getting deep cleaned, I unplugged my computer and plugbar from the wall to get the cords out of the way. Later I replugged everything and started the system up; when I did it crashed. I kept rebooting the system to no avail until I finally did a full reset, thinking that was the only way out of it. It came back as normal but the wifi wouldn't connect. Since then I've tried everything such as getting off Ethernet to resetting the wifi all to no avail. Is there anything I might not have thought of, and should I have tried anything else other than resetting the system? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@caffa_97_sd --  I finally did a full reset

You probably need to download and install a device-driver for your WiFi adapter.

Open the Windows "Device Manager", and double-click on the entry for the WiFi adapter, and click to "check for newer driver".

HP Recommended

I tried that and it said that "the newest (the best) device for your system has been installed." What should I do next?

HP Recommended

@caffa_97_sd -- does your computer have either a "slider-switch" or a "button" or a keystroke-combination, such as "hold down the FN key, (bottom left of your keyboard) and tap the F6 key" that will enable/disable your WiFi adapter?

HP Recommended

My computer (an all-in-one) has none of those things. I tried the FN-F6 combo to see what would happen and nothing happened.

HP Recommended

@caffa_97_sd -- I tried the FN-F6 combo to see what would happen and nothing happened.

Not all computers use the same two-key combination to enable/disable the WiFi.

Take a close look at the "double" labels on each of the F1 through F12 keys, to see which key is the correct key.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.