2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Replace a wireless mouse with no apparent receiver

Wireless mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a fairly old HP Touchsmart all-in-one and I need to replace the mouse. Do I need to replace the receiver? If so, where do I find it?  I've looked everywhere on the desktop with a flashlight and at the videos and nothing appears to address this.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 6
380 380 34 72
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If it's a 'fairly old' All-in-One like a 610 series, then the USB receiver will be in a separate USB port either under a cover on the back that you can pull out, or it could be internal.

If you can't find it, I wouldn't worry too much. You can buy a new mouse with a new receiver and plug it into any other available USB port. The new receiver won't interfere with the old one and vice versa.

Bear in mind that if you're still using the original wireless keyboard then that will still be paired to the original receiver as well.

If you still want to use the original keyboard, then you can run the old receiver for the keyboard and a new receiver for the new mouse simultaneously.

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your help. I had reached the decision that the receiver must be internal but wasn't sure if that was something that HP did. Thank you so much for confirming that as a possibility.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation