Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Desktop M01-F0022na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have a HP Desktop M01-F0022na Windows10 Home 64bit 2004 version OS build 19041.572  I am using a Ethernet cable with a LAN network.I  did a system reset to try to resolve a  issue I had with HP Support Assistant uninstalling itself when switching between different user account profiles.

Unfortunately before I did the system reset to reinstall windows from the Cloud  I did not back up the Realtek Drivers which had some more  recent Network Drivers and now I cannot connect to the internet although I can on other devices.

The HP Network check suggests that the IP was not bound and Windows did not automatically bind the protocol stack to the network adapter and there may be a problem with the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Adapter.

Also the HP Network check says , Windows did not automatically bind the protocol stack to the network adapter,  and there may be a problem with the Realtek RTL8812CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter Driver.

I have tried the following troubleshooting without success, BIOS Recovery, netsh winsock reset, renewing a computers IP address. I have only a System restore point from after the date the network connection issue existed.

HP Support have sent me a link to download a RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Driver on https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105752.exe    .  This Driver is also the one listed in the HP Support website for my model. I have been trying to get a answer from the following question below, from HP Support without success

My question is that in the Note at the end of the  link shown it says to uninstall previous Drivers before installing the new Driver, so should I be uninstalling the Realltek Drivers   PCIe GbE Family Controller Adapter,   and the Realtek RTL8812CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter Driver., before installing the RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Driver  The Device manager says these devices are working normally. 

Thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a newer driver that the one HP gave you and if you were instructed to uninstall the current driver first, that would be fine, but the newer drivers should just overwrite the existing one automatically.

You would only need to uninstall the RTL8812CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter Driver.

This is the latest driver, which I recommend over the one they gave you...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108893.exe

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue where the list of access points (AP) is incorrect or blank after the system is restarted.
- Fixes an issue on a system connected to a 2.4G access point where the Wireless LAN disconnects from the access point after the system is idle for more than 5 hours.
- Provides support for Windows 10 v1803 and later versions.
- Optimizes the module calibration margin to provide improved compatibility.
HP Recommended

Hi. Unfortunately the Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Driver didn't fix the Internet connection issue with my Desktop M01-F0022na ruñning Windows 10 64 bit version 2004.

I called HP Support and was advised to reset the computer and reinstall Windows but not to keep my files and settings as the problem may reoccur.

I then had 2 further options after not keeping my files and folders, to clean the Drives or not to clean them. It then said there was a problem after I chose not to clean the Drives. 

I then chose the option to clean the Drives, reinstalled Windows, and my Internet connection has been restored and is working.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Glad you were able to get the wifi working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.