Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
S6500
Android 4.1 and older

Hello everyone, I connected my speaker with different devices like smartphones; tablet and Gigaset dec phone, but it didn't work in hands free mode.  When I make a call and the person answer me - how can I speak with him. He didn't hear me.

So, microphone didn't switch on. Should I push any button to connect with speaking person.

On the contrary, when a person calls me to answer him - should I push play/pause button on this speaker? 

I don't have any advices about it in the  quick quide  of this device.

Do you know version of Bluetooth and which profiles it has on this unit? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello@krchat

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings!!@krchat

Thank you for joining HP Forums.
I will be glad to help you!!

I would like to inform that S6500 Wireless Speaker does not have the microphone.

Click here to find the Bluetooth version and specification on your wireless speaker.

Hopefully,this helps! Keep me posted.

Cheers:)

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, but at first I didn't find any information about bluetooth version and profile  by the link you gave me,

and secondary my device HP Product: N5G09AA#ABB has a microphone. And it has function Speakerphone as noticed on its box.

Besides, I found a device which works with it as a hands-free headset. But it doesn't work with another. So I should know more about bluetooth version and its profiles.

HP Recommended

@krchat

Could you give me a link with the details of your speakers containing a Microphone as I did my research and didn't find any model with a microphone as such, I would appreciate the details in your next reply 🙂

Here's what I found about your Bluetooth speaker on my research:

(Check under specifications: Click here)

Compatibility: Works with tablets, smartphones, PCs and other devices that support Bluetooth or 3.5mm audio output (3.5mm audio cable not included). 

Thank you 🙂

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have only the sign on its box.  Yes, I'm suprised, because I couldn't find any information about it in its quick guide too.

But the microphone has in it. You may see it in the center part of the bottom if you look on its picture on the site.

And it works with one device too.

I'll try to find more information about it.

I found it. Please look at this issue:

http://store.hp.com/wcsstore/hpusstore/pdf/n5g09aa.pdf

I mean - Speaker phone.

HP Recommended

Hello@krchat

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have recently bought bluetooth speakers HP S6500.  I have the same problem with the microphone. When I connect the speaker to my  smartphone (Microsoft Lumia 640), although I hear the other party perfectly, he could not hear me at all, or in some cases when I put my mouth very close to the microphone, he hears me very low.

I am very disappointed because I bought it to use it as hands free device with my smartphone. Is this a manufacturer problem to all these devices, or its only on my device ?

I would like to hear any feedback if possible.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're completely right, It's common problem for this unit. I have the same problem. I suppose this device was developed Chinese staff without propriate HP corporative control of quality. That's a bad issue for HP.

HP Recommended

I  totaly agree and we cannot get our money back.

This unit  is for music only and you cannot work it as hands free device. 

HP Recommended

Yes,, it's true. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.