Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All

I hope this is the right place for this query .............

I have a BT Smart Hub which I connect a number of devices to including a desktop PC via Powerline adapters. Recently, I've noticed that the internet icon in my taskbar is accompanied by a yellow triangle and 'No internet' is displayed below my SSID/hub ID. Wifi is switched off and, if I go into the network adapter settings and view the connection status, they all say 'no network access'.

Where this is puzzling me is that I am able to access the internet (see below), although, my Office 365 Outlook won't connect nor will my VPN.

Internet (2).png

This isn't a cached page - the browser history was deleted before testing/posting

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

ping 192.168.1.1

ping bbc.co.uk

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, although, I'm not really sure what the purpose of it was.

Pinging 192.168.1.1 received no response (that said, it's not my router address, which does respond if i ping it)

Pinging bbc.co.uk (and just about any other website) gets a response of about 19ms.

This is what I don't understand - for the most part, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong except the bits highlightedInternet (3)_LI.jpg

I don't get why I can use the internet while everything seems to indicate I have no connection! By the way, the date on this image is when I first took a screenshot - it's exactly the same now.

HP Recommended

Hi

So no ethernet connection at all?

Network Adapter is installed and working?

F12 functions correctly?

Next would be...

Copy, Paste and Save in Notepad, as LBB2Z.bat and double click to run.
Post anything non-personal, but relevant please.

@ECHO OFF
getmac
PAUSE
netsh wlan show interfaces
PAUSE
netsh wlan show drivers
PAUSE
netsh wlan show profiles
PAUSE
ipconfig -all
PAUSE

Post back what you can please.

HP Recommended

Hi

Weirdly, as I haven't changed anything, everything seems to be working OK now - i.e., it's showing there is a wired internet connection and, if I turn on wifi I get a wireless connection.

I've run the batch file as suggested but I'm not sure what would be classed as personal or relevant - e.g., are IP/physical/server addresses personal and/or relevant?

Also, as all seems to be working I'm reluctant to mess about with anything at the moment.

Thanks for your help/advice on this

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.