Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried all suggestions but nothing worked on my HP ENVY AIO desktop with Win10.  The airplane mode toggle seems to be stuck in the on position.  It doesn't turn off when I click it or go through any of the other steps suggested.  I'm trying to avoid reintalling Win10 and losing all of my programs and data.  Any other suggestions please???  I should note that I cannot connect to the internet with an ethernet or wireless so I can't downloan any updates from the internet.  Is there a way I can maybe download the updates to a flash drive from somewhere on my other PC and install them?  I'm not sure what updates I would need to find to install so any detailed help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @AK529,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance with the computer being stuck in airplane mode.I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the network adapters from device manager?

For now, try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Network adapters>then select the network drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Then restart the computer and try to turn off airplane mode.
  • Now check if the issue gets resolved.
  • If it continues, then try steps as suggested by the Microsoft community expert which is an accepted solution from this link: http://hp.care/2hqSKzZ

If the problem continues then you will need to perform a Microsoft push-button reset of windows from this link: http://hp.care/2toQrBj  which does not cause data loss if the correct options are selected.

This should fix the issue if the computer has no hardware issues.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Thank you for the response and suggestions but nothing worked.  The only option that may have worked is to reset the PC which would delete some programs I have installed.

HP Recommended

Those steps didn't work for me  I have HP pavilion laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.