Start a conversation
Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
1 REPLY 1
08-20-2021 04:59 PM
@dlcreek -- a few questions:
- what speed are you paying to your Internet Service Provider to get?
- when you run a Speed Test, via www.speedtest.net what speeds are reported?
- are you connected via WiFi or via an Ethernet cable to your cable-modem? An Ethernet cable can be much faster.
- do you have a friend with a notebook computer, who can run a Speed Test on their system, while connected via their Ethernet cable to their cable-modem, and then bring their computer to your home, and connect it to the Ethernet cable that usually connects to your computer, and rerun the Speed Test?
- how old is your computer?
- what is the speed of your computer's processor?
- how old is your disk-drive? They can slow-down as they age.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community